Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cutie Ooty

Last week I had the chance to leave the Princess of the Hill Stations for a weekend to meet its Queen. In my mind, I’d pictured a similar quaint little mountain village, perhaps also complete with a man-made lake and Mickey Mouse paddle boats. Unfortunately, I saw no lake, but I did get to see another Kodai. Well, something akin to Kodai as I stumbled upon Kodaikanal on steroids. In many ways, Ooty had the same charm as Kodai, along with quadruple the amount or tourists as well as purchasable amenities. It was kind of surreal seeing something so familiar and yet so different at the same time. After getting my fill of Western sweets at the import store, wandering around for a few hours (not possible in Kodai), and heading back down a mountain, across the plains, and back up mine, I still cannot decide which I prefer. Bustling city or quaint mountain life, how can one ever choose? Maybe I shall go meet the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment